THANG NGUYEN (Ms.)
Thang brings with her over 12 years of legal experience. She maintains an impressive track-record of success in Corporate, Real Estate, Construction, and M&A matters.
Before VN Counsel, she was a partner of Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers, a member of Rajah & Tann Asia, a legal network that spreads over 10 countries in ASEAN and beyond. She was also the co-founder of VB Law (formerly known as DC Law) in Ho Chi Minh City, which today stands among one of Vietnam’s most recognized local law firms. Her career has seen her advice Fortune 500 companies on some of the largest M&A transactions to enter the country.
Thang is particularly regarded for her expertise in real estate and infrastructure, and her involvement in many megaprojects requiring coordination across many multinational corporation and government departments is a testament to her reputation in this domain. Her coverage of this field is extensive; she is experienced in negotiations, structuring and devising innovative and effective legal solutions across all deal stages and types, including project development and implementation, asset acquisitions, and taxation. She has technical expertise in environmental matters, and was formerly an advisor to the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City in a project for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions under the Kyoto Protocol.
Thang is also experienced in advising in the TMT niche in Vietnam, having previously advised VinaGame, Google and Yahoo! on legal compliance matters arising out of networking, data processing, advertising and social networks.
- Advised a multinational corporation on its US$ 2 billion joint venture investment in 5-star mixed use entertainment resort consisting of casino operation in the south of the country;
- Advised Sun Wah Vietnam Real Estate (D2) Limited on its US$750 million Saigon Pearl project;
- Advised Sun Wah Properties (Vietnam) Joint Stock Company in its office lease agreement package;
- Advised Dong Nai Waterfront on its US$750+ million urban area project in Long Thanh, Dong Nai Province;
- Advised Setia Becamex on its US$620 million Ecolake My Phuoc Residential Area project in Binh Duong Province;
- Advise Hoa Binh Corporation on its construction of US$500 million building in the North of Vietnam;
- Advised Binh Thien An Property Joint Stock Company on its US$350+ million residential project in District 2, Ho Chi Minh City;
- Advised Phat Dat on multiple high-rise projects, including the development of the US$550 million EverRich 2 Apartment in District 7, the US$55 million EverRich 1 Apartment in District 11, the US$43 million Westin Resort & Spa and five-star villas in Khanh Hoa Province, and the US$35 million Marriott Hoi An-Quang Nam Resorts and Hotels;
- Advised VinaCapital in its numerous real estate development projects with a collective value of almost US$1.5 billion, including Aqua City in Long Thanh, Lotus-Tourism Urban Area and Phu Hoi Urban Area in Nhon Trach, and Pavilion Square Apartment Building in the CBD of Ho Chi Minh City;
- Advised Setia Lai Thieu on its US$90 million EcoXuan Lai Thuan Urban Area project in Binh Duong Province;
- Advised Cotec Land on its US$44 million Blue Sapphire Resort project in Vung Tau;
- Advised C.T Group on its US$100 million acquisition of a luxury commercial area in central Ho Chi Minh City.
LL.B. (Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, Vietnam)
- Member of Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
- Arbitrator of Pacific International Arbitration Centre (PIAC)
- Member of Vietnam Bar Federation
- Jurist at Vietnam Jurist Association
Vietnamese and English